Thursday 14 November 2013

A floating forest

http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/image/62370747923

One beautiful day I was going for coffee with my friends just like any other normal day. Nothing different, just another day. we arrived at Tim hortons and sat down and started chatting. my 2 friends were James and Henry. Known them forever we go for coffee almost 3 days a week together just to keep each other informed about our life. So we're talking and Henry offers me to come to a little get together at his place later. Of course I accepted, so we made the plans he said around 7 so I said see you around 7. The day goes on I get ready for this get together, might as well look a little better than I usually do, who knows who will be there. I arrive at his house and it's only guys at first, says the ladies are on there way. couple girls show up at first one is Henry's girlfriend, very pretty. James likes the girl that his girlfriend brought. Also very pretty. Few more people show up, I know or have talked to almost everyone, we're having a great time.After a couple minutes I'm wondering if anyone else is coming. Henry says theres 2 more girls on their way. Alright cool. So girls arrive, immediate attractio between me and the brunette. She said hi to everyone, but was staring at me the whole time. I never took my eyes off her. So I go up to her. We start talking, instant connection. We talk about life, what she does what I do , what I like what she likes, we have quite a bit in common. I'm enjoying her a lot. We kind of forgot it was a party we were so interested in knowing eachother. After multiple hugs and her giving me her number to call her the next day, she tells me, she lives in kind of an exotic house, when you think exotic house you think beach side, maybe self made, weird things. Nope. She tells me, "I live on a floating forest. On the river just down the street from Henry's. I obviously didn't believe her but I was still going to see where this girl lived, I was so interested. But I definitely thought she was crazy. Slightly scared of what I got myself into.
The next day I call her, she tells me to meet her right up green street.so I do. We walk and talk first but and I bring up the floating forest almost right away because i didnt believe her. she tells me again, no i seriously live on a floating forest. So i tell her i wanna see it. We start walking up the street, towards the river. All of a sudden i see it. Thought i was dreaming. "there it is " she says. obvioisly we had to take a canoe there, so thats what we did. the way there was actually pretty romantic. we arrive on her floating forest on the river, and im amazed. we walk through trees after trees so much trees, and there is her little brown and blue house. right in the middle. " why did you choose to live here? how much did this cost?" i had so many questions. she hates neighbours and loves the sound of the water, and the trees flowing. this girl is interesting. i love it.
months later we are still together, living in her home on the floating forest in the middle of the river. the most peaceful place in the world. never ever though i would be here , living with this sweet girl, that owns a house located on a floating forest. life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment